The benefits of plants have been documented since the dawn of man. For example, herbal medicine is an art that, in Mexico and Latin America, has existed since pre-Hispanic times. Taking advantage of all the many resources that Mother Nature kindly gifts us and including them in both our health-related disciplines and daily routines is not something new. Still, without a doubt, it is a practice that has begun to resurface, perhaps with more force than ever before.
This fact is clearly more than evident today, as it is very common for our diets to have large amounts of processed or frozen food. Thus, many of us seek to compensate with that healthy touch that certain plants grant. This is very understandable: the pace of life is almost frenetic, and very rarely do we have time to sit down to cook a really exquisite dish.
That’s why, today, we want to share with you five plants that you can include in your diet: digestive, detox, and diuretic herbs with which you will surely notice changes in a heartbeat.
First of all, we must understand what types of plants we are talking about. Detox herbs are used to eliminate toxins accumulated within ourselves, which can reach our bodies for various reasons: unhealthy food, a sedentary lifestyle, the environment, and many others.
Two excellent detox herbs that you can add to your diet are green tea and artichokes.
- Thanks to its richness in antioxidants, green tea has various thermogenic or lipolytic properties that help eliminate fat, since it ends up being used as an energy source.
- On the other hand, artichoke leaves increase the production of bile and improve the digestive process of foods rich in fat. They also have a diuretic and detoxifying effect that is used by professionals in weight control treatments.
You can include them in your diet in a moderate way, and you will begin to see results in a very short time.
Digestive herbs, as their name indicates, help improve both digestive and hepatic metabolism, facilitating the processing of food, carbohydrates, various fats, and multiple proteins.
- An excellent digestive herb that you can include in your daily life is fennel, which stimulates digestion and increases metabolism. Thanks to its richness in essential oils such as anethole, fennel is used in clinical cases seeking to induce the elimination of natural gases produced during digestive processes.
- You can also consume citrus, which helps stimulate the consumption of fats and, consequently, increases the amount of energy in the body.
It is important, of course, to consume them in moderation, since their abuse could lead to metabolism disorders and general health problems.
Diuretic herbs, by definition, help eliminate excess fluid from our body through its own natural processes.
- Mate is an excellent example. This ancient infusion is known for its beneficial effects on health and for being an excellent companion for any snack, from a heavy breakfast to a single slice of bread. Yerba mate leaves are also used in various energizing products, thanks to their vast caffeine content.
These delicious plants can help you have a more balanced diet and re-align the natural functions of your body. Of course, we must remember that diuretic herbs, along with the digestive and detox ones, should be used in moderation and that, if you plan to increase the dose, you should consult your health specialist first.