There are many benefits of Aloe Vera. This plant, known as “the miraculous plant”, has been used since ancient times to care for the skin and strengthen the hair, among many other functions. Of course, its use is not only limited to cosmetic issues but also spans medicine, such as with the treatment of irritation, pain relief, and itching reduction.
Aloe Vera juice, for example, is widely recommended for any type of illness or discomfort, from minor ailments such as a tummy ache to chronic or long-term conditions. What is aloe used for? Well, nothing more and nothing less than to reduce allergies, fight blood diseases, treat arthritis, cysts, vision, and digestive problems, high blood pressure, and much, much more.
Likewise, one of the greatest benefits of Aloe Vera is the treatment of the dermis after receiving a sunburn. It is not uncommon to see tourists visiting local markets, wanting to buy an aloe leaf or two. Even today, Aloe Vera has become so popular that multiple cosmetic brands have it among their main ingredients.
At El Grullo Naturista we are huge fans of this miraculous plant and its more than 200 (yes, 200!) nutrients. Being rich in folic acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and many important enzymes, aloe vera is a natural treasure that we must make the most of.
Of course, before starting to use it, we recommend you talk to your trusted doctor to dose it correctly. It is important to remember that all excesses can be dangerous.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has many benefits, and more and more are being discovered every year. It would be impossible to list them all in one place, but here are some of the most important ones:
- Cures UV burns.
- It is an anti-inflammatory plant.
- It is antibacterial and antifungal, so it prevents mold.
- Its high amounts of acemannan strengthens the immune system
- It helps fight arthritis and other muscle ailments.
- Stops the formation of urinary calcium, preventing kidney stones.
- It has anti-cancer properties.
- It is antiviral and enhances AZT’s ability to fight AIDS.
In addition, Mayo Clinic lists the following benefits:
- It accelerates healing processes.
- It reduces acne breakouts when applied in the morning and at night.
- It helps to treat psoriasis.
So, now you know. The next time someone asks you what aloe is for, you can list some of these noble qualities and surprise them with your herbal knowledge.